Each year on March 1, many people’s thoughts turn to longer days, warmer weather and the promise of spring. For thousands of senior athletes around the national and even around the world, their thoughts turn to getting ready for October and the Huntsman World Senior Games held in St. George, Utah. March 1 is the first day that athletes can register for the annual event that happens to be the largest of its kind in the world.
Athletes age 50+ can visit http://www.seniorgames.net today for information or to register for their favorite sport. Registration for this year’s event closes on September 1, 2017, but many sports reach participation caps long before the deadline so early sign-up is recommended.
Registering is easy. Simply follow the steps to secure your place in the 2017 Games:
- Go to seniorgames.net
- Select “Log In” in the upper right corner
- Log In to access your account
- You will need your Username or Athlete number. You will also need your Password. If you have forgotten these items, please select “Lost Password or Username” and you will receive an email at the address on file with your username, athlete number and a link to reset your password. If you do not receive an email, check your Spam blocker. If you do not receive an email and it has not been blocked please contact our office at email@example.com to verify your email address on file. If you have ever registered for the Games before you have an account with an athlete number. Please follow the directions above and do not select the “Create Your Account” button or this will create a duplicate account in your name and could result in an incomplete registration
- If you have never attended the Games before, welcome! You will want to select the “Create Your Account” button and fill out the account information to create your account and login
- Once you are logged in, select the “Register” tab
- Select “Athlete Registration”
- On the “Choose a Sport” page, select the sport of your choice
- Select the events you would like to register for
- If registering for a doubles event, you will need to input your partner’s athlete number. Your partner will also need to input your athlete number into their registration to link you both together. NOW IS THE TIME to share athlete numbers with each other so you can complete your registration
- If you want to register for additional sports select the “Add a Sport” button and follow the prompts. Keep in mind you can always add additional sports later
- Once you've selected your sport(s) select “Complete Registration”
- You will then be asked to review your registration information. You will also have an opportunity to register for the optional Dinner Dance, become an Official Ambassador and make a donation
- After careful review, input your payment information to complete your registration
- You will see a confirmation page and will receive a confirmation email
The Games were first held in St. George, Utah in October of 1987. A few hundred athletes competed that first year. Since that time, the Games have grown to a world-wide phenomenon, welcoming athletes from over 75 different nations. Today, more than 11,000 athletes compete in their choice of 30 different sports, pushing boundaries and changing opinions on what it means to actively age.
In addition to the sporting competitions, the Games offers an impressive Olympic-style opening Ceremonies, social events and a series of health screenings that have been instrumental in providing valuable, even lifesaving information available free of charge.