May 16 - May 31, 2019
Shanghai, Qingdao, Yantai, Jinan, Beijing
Destinations: Shanghai → Qingdao → Yantai → Jinan → Beijing
Duration: 14 Days / 15 Nights
Sports: Archery, Badminton, Basketball, Golf, Table Tennis, Tennis, Volleyball
Deadline: March 1, 2019
Contact: For questions on the Tour, contact Kyle Case (800-562-1268 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
Price: $4,500 per person based on double occupancy, which includes roundtrip airfare from Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago or New York. Other departure cities may be available for an additional charge. A single supplement is available for an additional $860. A $1,500 (fully refundable) deposit is required to reserve your space.
Itinerary: View the official itinerary
Tour Limit: 40 individuals
Passport: You must have a valid passport with at least 6 months before it expires
Visa: American citizens NEED a visa to visit China. There are multiple online services that can help process your visa request, including Visa Express.
The Huntsman World Senior Games Friendship Tour was born in 2010 when 36 intrepid travelers visited China as goodwill ambassadors of sport and cultural exchange. Since that time Friendship Tours have visited Argentina, Brazil, Italy, Switzerland, Barbados and New Zealand. In 2019, the Tour will return to its roots and visit China once again. Please join us from May 16 through May 31, 2019, as we tour unforgettable locales and fulfill the Huntsman World Senior Games mission of fostering worldwide peace, health and friendship.
The Tour will begin with a departure of the United States on May 16. We'll arrive on May 17 in Shanghai, tired and ready for bed. We'll transfer to a hotel and get a good night's sleep. On the 18th, we'll have a competition day against local Chinese athletes in Shanghai. On May 19th, we'll get a chance to tour this vibrant and modern city.
From Shanghai, we'll transfer to Qingdao by plane. Upon arrival in Qingdao , we'll get to know the city including a tour of the Tsingtao Beer Museum. On the 21st we'll have another competition day. We'll visit Mount Laoshan the next day as well as take a bus to Yantai, a city recognized nationally for its wine.
On our second day in Yantai, we'll have a competition day. On the 24th, we'll attend the Second World Tourism Congress as well as visit the Changyu Wine Culture Museum. On the 25th of May, we'll transfer to Laizhou by bus and visit the Laizhou Zhonghua Martial Arts School. Then we'll hop on a train for Jinan.
In Jinan, we'll spend our first day competing against local Chinese athletes. Our second day in Jinan will be spent visiting the beautiful Daming Lake and Baotou Spring Park, knows as the Number One Spring Under Heaven.
On May 28th, we'll bid farewell to Jinan and ride a bullet train to Beijing where we will visit the world famous Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City and get a taste of Hutong Culture including a rickshaw ride down narrow alleyways and deep courtyards. The following day we'll head out to visit the Mutianyu section of the famous Great Wall of China. On our way back into Beijing, we'll stop off and visit the Bird's Nest (the Olympic National Stadium) and the Water Cube (the National Aquatic Center), the venues used in the 2008 Olympics. The next day we'll visit the Summer Palace and the Temple of Heaven to get a taste of history and then we'll do some souvenir shopping at the Silk Market.
May 31st we'll bid farewell to China, with a treasure chest full of friendships and memories that will last a life time.
The Friendship Tour to China includes:
- First entrance fees to scenic spots as listed.
- Private vehicle, driver and an excellent English-speaking guide.
- Meals (Chinese food) as shown in the itinerary table marked with“B/L/D”.
- 3 or 4-star hotels are based on double occupancy rooms. Daily breakfast is included. Special room requirement is always subject to the availability upon check-in.
- 2nd-class seats for bullet trains as shown in the itinerary.
- Round trip Airfare (Economy class) from USA gateway cities (Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, New York) to China (if not these cities, we keep the right to get the price different)
- Travel insurance. (This does not include cancellation insurance. We STRONGLY recommend that you purchase from an online vender such as insuremytrip.com or Allianz Travel.)
- Personal expenses such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc.
- Gratuities to the tour guide, driver, hotel bellboy.
- Services not mentioned in the itinerary.