Directors: Angie Poulton and Don DeNoon
Assistant: Brent Udy, Ed Christy, Randy Harris
50M, 100M, 200M, 400M, 800M, 1500M, 3000M
High Jump, Long Jump, Standing Long Jump, Triple Jump, Shot Put, Discus, Javelin
Event Check-in Procedure
All participants will be required to check in at the Bullpen located at the tables in the middle of the field. All check in sheets for each day will be on the tables by 8:00 AM. Highlight your name on each event you will be running. The sheets will be pulled 20 minutes before the scheduled start of the race and heat sheets will be made from those that have checked in. The Clerk of Course will give the lane assignments at the starting line. Please have your bib number on your chest and your age written on your leg.
Download 2017 Track & Field Schedule
Monday, Oct. 15 - 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Tuesday, Oct. 16 - 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Wednesday, Oct. 17 - 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Venue: (Notice New location)
5 Year Age Brackets
Individuals: 50+, 55+, 60+, 65+, 70+, 75+, 80+, 85+, 90+, 95+, 100+
Games officials reserve the right to cancel any event or combine age divisions due to insufficient entries
$6 Per Event
• Participants may enter all events, but event schedules will not be adjusted to accommodate athletes participating in multiple events.
• Age division for competition will be based on participant’s age on October 15, 2018.
• New World and National Records require on-site drug testing and birth certificates.
• Heats will be seeded randomly using Hy-Tek Meet Software.
• Relays do not need to be indicated on the registration form – they will be organized on site. There will be no additional charge for relays.
Format / Rules:
• Event is USATF approved and sanctioned (# TBA).
• USATF rules and equipment standards apply.
• Approximate event times will also be posted at the Dixie Center and at the sport venue.
• Parking info is TBD
• Participants must present their Huntsman World Senior Games ID Badge at the venue check-in desk one hour before the posted time of their first event. When they check-in they will receive their “bib number”. Only ONE bib number will be assigned to each contestant for the entire meet.
• Participants must report to the Bull Pen when the event is called. Note: Event may begin up to 30 minutes prior to scheduled time. Participants who do not report immediately after the final call, will be scratched from the event.
• Track is rubberized and starting blocks will be available.
• Spikes up to ¼-inch will be allowed and must be provided by the athlete.
• A fully automatic timing system and a back-up system will be used.
• All races are final.
• Relays will have aggregate age groups equal to the combined ages of the 4 relay members (i.e., 200-236, 237-272 and 273+ years). No official times will be recorded for relays - relays are not sanctioned events.
• Participants in Field events must report to the event when it is called. Note: Event may begin up to 30 minutes prior to scheduled time.
• If you are entered into field and running events on the same day, you must still "check in" with the Field Event Official so that he/she knows you are not a scratch. If you do not "check in" with the Field Event Official you will be considered a NO SHOW and scratched from that event.
• Certified field event implements will be provided for use during the field events only (not for practice).
• Athletes will be permitted to use their own implements provided those implements have been certified and impounded by the Weight Master.
• All participants must bring their own practice implements.
• See “U.S. Masters Standard Weights” section below for standard weights of shot put, discus and javelin.
• Approach for Javelin is a rubberized mat.
• Height for High Jump will be raised in 2” increments – starting height is 2’10” (0.86m).
• At the start of each event participants will be made aware of any early competitors’ mark. Absolutely no competition will be allowed once the event is closed.
Monday, Oct. 15 (Field events begin at 8:00 am, track event begins at 9:00 am)
Shot Put - Men & Women
Javelin - Men 80+ & Women
High Jump - Men 70+ & Women
Long Jump - Men
Standing Long Jump - Women
1500 M - Men & Women
Tuesday, Oct. 16 (Field events begin at 8:00 am, track events begin at 9:00 am)
Long Jump - Women
Standing Long Jump - Men
Discus - Women
High Jump - Men 50-69
Javelin - Men 50-79
200 M - Men & Women
800 M - Men & Women
50 M - Men & Women
Wednesday, Oct. 17 (Track events begin at 8:00 am, Field events begin at 9:00 am)
Triple Jump - Men & Women
Discus - Men
3000 M - Men & Women
100 M - Men & Women
400 M - Men & Women
4 x 100 Relay - Men & Women
Note: The final schedule will be based on entries and will be posted at the Dixie Center on Sunday, Oct. 14
U.S. Masters Standard Weights:
|M 50-59 700g||M 50-59 6kg||M 50-59 1.5kg|
|M 60-69 600g||M 60-69 5kg||M 60+ 1.0kg|
|M 70-79 500g||M 70-79 4kg||W 50-74 1.0kg|
|M 80+ 400g||M 80+ 3kg||W 75+ 0.75kg|
|W 50-74 500g||W 50-74 3kg|
|W 75+ 400g||W 75+ 2kg|
Note: 1 g = .0022 lbs; 1kg = 2.2 lbs
Note: We will incorporate any changes made to the rules by USATF. All such changes will be posted at the Dixie Center in the Sports Lounge. Be sure to check for changes when you come to the Dixie Center to check-in and pick up your name badge.
Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded in each event (except relays) for each division. Medals will be presented at the awards desk for each event (approximately ½ hour after the close of the event).
Sport Social: (ID Badge or Ticket Required)
Date: Monday, Oct. 15
Time: 7:00 pm
Location: Washington County Legacy Park (Fairgrounds),5500 West 700 South, Hurricane