DIRECTORS: Rich Giroux, Jean Bulatao
ASSISTANTS: Craig Krum, Rob Krum, Joe Bulatao, Sanjoy Bhattacharya
Rich Giroux, Certified Referee (CR/RU)
Marina Cravens, Chief Umpire (NU)
Willie Escobar, Hiro Moriyasu, Medori Pesyna, Helen Prusakov, Jon Redman, Jay Tuberville
EVENTS: USATT 2-Star Sanctioned Tournament
Age-Singles, Rated-Singles, Men's Doubles, Women's Doubles, Mixed Doubles, Men’s Random Draw Doubles, Hardbat Rated Singles and Doubles, and a Super Tiered Round Robin Doubles.
Sunday, Oct. 3 - 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm (practice)
Monday, Oct. 4 - 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Tuesday, Oct. 5 - 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wednesday, Oct. 6 - 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, Oct. 7 - 7:00 am - 4:00 pm
SPORT SOCIAL: In an effort to keep our athletes, volunteers, staff and community safe and due to a lack of venue space for social distancing, the Games has made the difficult decision to forgo sport socials this year. Instead, you will receive a second dinner ticket that can be redeemed at any of our partner restaurants. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this unprecedented time. We sincerely hope that you will take advance of the dinner tickets and enjoy some meals with your friends.
Dixie Center - Exhibit Hall, 1835 Convention Center Dr, St. George
Age-Singles, Men's Doubles, Women's Doubles, Mixed Doubles: 5-Year Age Brackets
Rated-Singles: 2000+, 1800-1999, 1600-1799, 1400-1599, 1200-1399, 1000-1199, 800-999, Under 800
Men’s Random Draw Doubles: No Divisions
Hardbat Doubles: Open Doubles Only
Hardbat Singles: Under 1300 and Open (Limit of one Hardbat singles event)
Super Tiered Round Robin Doubles (limited to the first 72 players or 36 teams that register)
Individuals / Partners: 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95-99, 100+.
Games officials reserve the right to cancel any event or combine age divisions due to insufficient entries.
$7 Per Event
Early Bird Deadline (Save $20) – August 1
Final Registration Deadline – September 1
• Participation is limited to 225 Table Tennis players.
• Participants must play in their own age bracket in Age-Singles.
• Age bracket for Doubles events will be determined by the age of the younger partner.
• If you need a doubles partner in any doubles event, check PartnerFinder on our website for a listing, by sport, of individuals looking for partners.
• Participants may enter only one age category in age events.
• Ratings will be obtained from USATT as of September 1, of the current calendar year.
• In Rated-Singles, rated players may enter up to two rated divisions. See Format/Rules for restrictions pertaining to entry into rated divisions for rated and unrated players.
• Men must choose between Mixed Doubles and Men’s Random Draw Doubles – they cannot enter both.
• Mixed Doubles and Men’s Random Draw Doubles participants cannot participate in the Open Hardbat Doubles too.
• Tournament is ITTF approved and USATT-sanctioned Two Star event– USATT rules apply.
• All USA participants must be USATT members. International Federation memberships will be honored.
• USATT memberships must be purchased by September 1 and verified with the Games. The cost is $25 for a one-year Basic membership. Effective 1/1/2021, the USATT changed their membership structure. Other membership options are available from the USATT website (www.usatt.org).
• Each player will be required to sign a Huntsman World Senior Games and a USATT waiver.
• Hardbat events require all participants to use all wood paddles with short pips out rubber and no sponge on both sides. Seeding will be done using www.hardbat.com ratings. If a player does not have a Hardbat rating, their USATT rating will be used for seeding purposes. All games will be played to 21 points with the best of three games to a match. Player Hardbat ratings will be affected by Singles play. However, there is no effect on USATT ratings in the Hardbat events.
• Nittaku 3* Premium white balls (40+mm-large size) will be used.
• Interlocking, nonslip plastic tile flooring will be used to reduce knee and ankle stress.
• Butterfly Centerfold 25 tables and Butterfly net/bracket sets will be used.
• Shoes must be rubber-soled.
• Playing shorts, dress slacks, track-suit pants are allowed - no sweatpants!
• The USATT dress code will be enforced. Players will NOT be allowed to wear white clothing.
• Rubber on paddles must be red on one side, black on the other and must be ITTF approved.
• All events will start out with a round-robin format. Matches will be 3-out-of-5 games (11 points). Hardbat events are an exception and will be played 2-out of -3 games to 21 points.
• In the Age-Singles event and ALL Doubles events, the top 2 players in each round robin will advance to a single elimination competition. In the Rated events, only one will advance to single elimination. The Super Tiered Round Robin Doubles(STRRD) will feature six Round Robins in the first round. Then teams will be placed into one of six Divisions based on their performance in the initial round robin. Gold Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded in each Division after the second-round robin. Participating doubles teams in the STRRD can be of any gender or age.
• When a point ends, the coach is permitted to give advice, but the advice can ONLY be given during a natural break between rallies. Play must be continuous between one point and the next. A player who stalls in order to receive advice will be penalized. A coach whose advice causes the match to be delayed will be penalized. Finally, disparaging advice is not permitted.
• Hardbats can be used in normal USATT sponge events. However, a recent USATT ruling mandates that Hardbats used in these events MUST have black rubber on one side and red rubber on the other side.
• Rated-Singles: Rated players may enter a maximum of two consecutive rated events; their own and one above; or the two above their rated level. Unrated players may enter the rated division they feel is their proper playing level and also the next higher division. However, unless they are playing in the 2000+ division, they cannot advance out of round-robin play and cannot win a medal.
• In all Doubles events, substitutions will not be made for “no show” partners unless Huntsman World Senior Games is notified by October 1.
• Men’s Random Draw Doubles will have no age groups and will be open to all men not playing in Mixed Doubles. Requests for specific partners will not be considered.
• Participants must present their Huntsman World Senior Games ID Badge and USATT, CANTT or ITTF membership cards at the venue check-in desk at least 30 minutes before their first event. Daily check-in is required - venue desk opens at 8:00 am.
Each Player will have the option of either wearing their player number on the back of their shirt or wearing a shirt with their name clearly printed on it. Player numbers will be assigned based on their USATT ratings with the highest rated player assigned number 1. Listings of the players by name and by player number will be posted for all to see. For each event, the players will play either quarter, semi and finals matches on the same day of the original event. The players will be given the option of playing the finals on the same day as the original event providing that BOTH players agree and a table is available.
The 2000+ rated event players will NOT have the option to change their Bronze medal or Gold medal Finals matches.
Players new to USATT Sanctioned Tournaments:
Players who have not participated in USATT sanctioned tournaments should attend the new player USATT rules orientation held on Monday October 4th at 8:30am.
After the initial round robin is concluded in all events, players should check in with the Control Desk BEFORE leaving the venue to determine if and when they will continue in the event.
Open Practice: Sunday 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm, Monday & Tuesday - 8:00 am to 9:00 am; Wednesday & Thursday - 7:00 am to 8:00 am
Monday, Oct. 4
8:00 am, Check-in and Open Practice
8:30 am, USATT Rules for Sanctioned Tournaments Orientation
9:00 am, Men’s Age-Singles - Ages 50 through 69
11:00 am, Men’s Age-Singles - Ages 70 and above
1:00 pm, Women’s Age-Singles – All Age Groups
Tuesday, Oct. 5
8:00 am, Open Practice
9:00 am, Men’s Doubles – All Age Groups
11:00 am, Women’s Doubles–All Age Groups
1:00 pm, Men's Random Draw Doubles
1:30pm - Mixed Doubles - All Age Groups
3:00 pm, Hardbat Doubles
Wednesday, Oct. 6
7:00 am, Open Practice
8:00 am, Rated Singles: 800-999, 1200-1399, Open Hardbat
10:00 am, Rated Singles: 1600-1799, Hardbat U-1300
Noon, Rated Singles: 2000+, 1000-1199, Under 800
2:00 pm, Rated Singles: 1400-1599
4:00 pm, Rated Singles: 1800-1999
Thursday, Oct. 7
7:00 am, Open Practice
8:00 am, Rated Singles - Bronze medal Match - 2000+
8:30 am, Rated Single - Gold Medal Match 2000+
9:00 am, Super Tiered Round Robin Doubles
9:00 am, Any unfinished event matches
If you are interested in being a volunteer scorekeeper or a ball picker for a Disabled person, please so indicate on your registration form. Also, If you DO NOT have any events on a particular morning or afternoon, simply let the Control Desk know of your willingness and availability to be a volunteer score keeper or ball picker.
Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded in each event for each division. Medals will be awarded daily.