DIRECTOR: Mos Hashimoto
ASSISTANTS: Craig Krum, Rob Krum, Jim Spencer, Eric Aki
Rich Giroux, Certified Referee
Wilfredo Escobar, Chief Umpire,
Jean Bulatao, Operations
Joe Bulatao, Assistant
Age-Singles, Rated-Singles, Mens Doubles, Womens Doubles, Mixed Doubles, Men’s Random Draw Doubles, Hardbat Rated Singles and Doubles
Monday, Oct. 8 - 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Tuesday, Oct. 9 - 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Wednesday, Oct. 10 - 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, Oct. 11 - 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
SPORT SOCIAL: (ID Badge or Ticket Required)
Date: Monday, Oct. 8
Time: 6:00 pm
Location: Southern Utah Veterans Home, 160 North 200 East, Ivins
Dixie Center - Exhibit Hall, 1835 Convention Center Dr, St. George
Age-Singles, Mens Doubles, Womens Doubles, Mixed Doubles: 5-Year Age Brackets
Rated-Singles: 2000+, 1800-1999, 1600-1799, 1400-1599, 1200-1399, 1000-1199, 800-999, Under 800
Men’s Random Draw Doubles: No Divisions
Hardbat Doubles - Under 2400 and Under 4000 (Limit of one hardbat doubles event)
Hardbat Singles - Under 1300 and Open (Limit of one hardbat singles event)
Individuals / Partners: 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95-99, 100+
Games officials reserve the right to cancel any event or combine age divisions due to insufficient entries
$7 Per Event
Early Bird Deadline (Save $20) – August 1
Final Registration Deadline – September 1
• Participation is limited to 225 Table Tennis players.
• Participants must play in their own age bracket in Age-Singles.
• Age bracket for Doubles events will be determined by the age of the youngest partner.
• If you need a doubles partner in any doubles event, check PartnerFinder on our website for a listing, by sport, of individuals looking for partners.
• Participants may enter only one age category in age events.
• Ratings will be obtained from USATT as of September 1, of the current calendar year.
• In Rated-Singles, rated players may enter up to two rated divisions. See Format/Rules for restrictions pertaining to entry into rated divisions for rated and unrated players.
• Men must choose between Mixed Doubles and Men’s Random Draw Doubles – they cannot enter both.
• Tournament is ITTF approved and USATT-sanctioned – USATT rules apply.
• All USA participants must be USATT members. International Federation memberships will be honored.
• Participants who are not members of USATT or an International Federation must purchase USATT cards at the Registration Desk - $75 for a one-year membership or a one-time only tournament pass for $20.00.
• Hardbat events require all participants to use all wood paddles with short pips out rubber and no sponge on both sides. Seeding will be done using www.hardbat.com ratings. If a player does not have a Hardbat rating, their USATT rating will be used for seeding purposes. All games will be played to 21 points with the best of three games to a match. Player Hardbat ratings will be affected by Singles play. However, there is no effect on USATT ratings in the hardbat events.
• Nittaku white balls (40+mm-large size) or equivalent will be used.
• Butterfly tables will be used for competition.
• Shoes must be rubber-soled.
• Playing shorts, dress slacks, track-suit pants are allowed - no sweatpants!
• Rubber on paddles must be red on one side, black on the other and must be ITTF approved.
• All events will start out with a round-robin format. Matches will be 3-out-of-5 games (11 points).
• In the Age-Singles event, the top 2 winners will advance to a single elimination. In all other events only the winner will advance to single elimination.
• Rated-Singles: Rated players may enter a maximum of two consecutive rated events, their own and one above or the two above their rated level. Unrated players may enter the rated division they feel is their proper playing level and also the next higher division. However, unless they are playing in the 2000+ division, they cannot advance out of round-robin and cannot win a medal.
• In all Doubles events, substitutions will not be made for “no show” partners unless Huntsman World Senior Games is notified by October 1.
• Men’s Random Draw Doubles will have no age groups and will be open to all men not playing in Mixed Doubles. Requests for specific partners will not be considered.
• Participants must present their Huntsman World Senior Games ID Badge and USATT, CANTT or ITTF membership cards at the venue check-in desk 30 minutes before their first event. Daily check-in is required - venue desk opens at 7:30 am.
Open Practice: Monday, Tuesday & Thursday - 8:00 am to 9:00 am; Wednesday - 7:00 am to 8:00 am
Sunday, Oct. 7
3:00 pm to 6:00 pm, Open Practice
Monday, Oct. 8
8:00 am, Check-in, free class on Tournament Rules and Open Practice
9:00 am, Men’s Age-Singles - Ages 50 through 69
11:00 am, Men’s Age-Singles - Ages 70 and above
1:00 pm, Women’s Age-Singles – All Age Groups
Tuesday, Oct. 9
8:00 am, Open Practice
9:00 am, Men’s Doubles – All Age Groups
11:00 am, Women’s Doubles–All Age Groups; Men’s Random Draw Doubles
1:00 pm, Mixed Doubles - All Age Groups
2:00 pm, Hardbat Doubles events (might be completed on Thursday)
Wednesday, Oct. 10
7:00 am, Open Practice
8:00 am, Rated Singles: 800-999, 1200-1399
10:00 am, Rated Singles: 1600-1799
Noon, Rated Singles: 2000+, 1000-1199, Under 800
1:00 pm, Hardbat Rated Singles Events
2:00 pm, Rated Singles: 1400-1599
4:00 pm, Rated Singles: 1800-1999
Thursday, Oct. 11
8:00 am, Open Practice
9:00 am, Events not completed on Wednesday
11:00 am, Men’s Age-Singles – 3rd Place & Finals; Women’s Age-Singles – 3rd Place & Finals
Noon, Men’s Doubles – 3rd Place & Finals; Women’s Doubles – 3rd Place & Finals
1:00 pm, Men’s Random Draw Doubles - 3rd Place & Finals; Mixed Doubles – 3rd Place & Finals
2:00 pm, Rated Singles - 3rd Place & Finals: 1600-1799, 1400-1599, 1200-1399, 1000-1199, 800-999, Under 800
2:40 pm, Rated Singles - 3rd Place - 1800-1999
3:00 pm, Rated Singles - Finals - 1800-1999
3:20 pm, Rated Singles - 3rd Place - 2000+
3:40 pm, Rated Singles - Finals - 2000+
Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded in each event for each division. Medals will be awarded daily.