DIRECTORS: Rich Giroux, Jean Bulatao
ASSISTANTS: Craig Krum, Rob Krum, Eric Aki, Joe Bulatao, Sanjoy Bhattacharya
Rich Giroux, Certified Referee (CR/RU)
Marina Cravens, Chief Umpire (NU)
Willie Escobar, Hiro Moriyasu, Medori Pesyna, Helen Prusakov, Jon Redman, Jay Tuberville
Age-Singles, Rated-Singles, Men's Doubles, Women's Doubles, Mixed Doubles, Men’s Random Draw Doubles, Hardbat Rated Singles and Doubles and a Super Tiered Round Robin Doubles (Thursday)
SCHEDULE: All 2021 dates and times are Subject to Change
Sunday, Oct. 3 - 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm (practice)
Monday, Oct. 4 - 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Tuesday, Oct. 5 - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wednesday, Oct. 6 - 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, Oct. 7 - 7:00 am - 4:00 pm
SPORT SOCIAL: (Free with athlete ID Badge or $10 Ticket Required. Dinner and entertainment will be provided at the sport social.)
Date: Monday, Oct. 4
Time: 6:00 pm
Dixie Center - Exhibit Hall, 1835 Convention Center Dr, St. George
Age-Singles, Men's Doubles, Women's Doubles, Mixed Doubles: 5-Year Age Brackets
Rated-Singles: 2000+, 1800-1999, 1600-1799, 1400-1599, 1200-1399, 1000-1199, 800-999, Under 800
Men’s Random Draw Doubles: No Divisions
Hardbat Doubles - Open Doubles (Limit of one Hardbat doubles event)
Hardbat Singles - Under 1300 and Open (Limit of one Hardbat singles event)
Super Tiered Round Robin Doubles (limited to the first 72 players or 36 teams that register)
Individuals / Partners: 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95-99, 100+
Games officials reserve the right to cancel any event or combine age divisions due to insufficient entries
$7 Per Event
Early Bird Deadline (Save $20) – August 1
Final Registration Deadline – September 1
• Participation is limited to 225 Table Tennis players.
• Participants must play in their own age bracket in Age-Singles.
• Age bracket for Doubles events will be determined by the age of the youngest partner.
• If you need a doubles partner in any doubles event, check PartnerFinder on our website for a listing, by sport, of individuals looking for partners.
• Participants may enter only one age category in age events.
• Ratings will be obtained from USATT as of September 1, of the current calendar year.
• In Rated-Singles, rated players may enter up to two rated divisions. See Format/Rules for restrictions pertaining to entry into rated divisions for rated and unrated players.
• Men must choose between Mixed Doubles and Men’s Random Draw Doubles – they cannot enter both.
• Mixed Doubles and Men’s Random Draw Doubles participants cannot participate in the Open Hardbat Doubles too.
• Tournament is ITTF approved and USATT-sanctioned Two Star event– USATT rules apply.
• All USA participants must be USATT members. International Federation memberships will be honored.
• USATT memberships must be purchased at verified with the Games by Sept. 1st. $75 for a one-year membership or a tournament pass for $20.00.
• Each player will be required to sign a Huntsman World Senior Games and a USATT waiver.
• Hardbat events require all participants to use all wood paddles with short pips out rubber and no sponge on both sides. Seeding will be done using www.hardbat.com ratings. If a player does not have a Hardbat rating, their USATT rating will be used for seeding purposes. All games will be played to 21 points with the best of three games to a match. Player Hardbat ratings will be affected by Singles play. However, there is no effect on USATT ratings in the Hardbat events.
• Nittaku 3* Premium white balls (40+mm-large size) will be used.
• Interlocking, nonslip plastic tile flooring will be used to reduce knee and ankle stresses.
• Butterfly Centerfold 25 tables and Butterfly net/bracket sets will be used for competition.
• Shoes must be rubber-soled.
• Playing shorts, dress slacks, track-suit pants are allowed - no sweatpants!
• The USATT dress code will be enforced. Players will NOT be allowed to wear white clothing.
• Rubber on paddles must be red on one side, black on the other and must be ITTF approved.
• All events will start out with a round-robin format. Matches will be 3-out-of-5 games (11 points). Hardbat events are an exception and will be played 2-out of -3 games to 21 points.
• In the Age-Singles event and ALL Doubles events, the top 2 winners will advance to a single elimination. In the rated events, only one will advance to single elimination. The Super Tiered Round Robin will feature six Round Robins in the first round. Then players will be placed in one of six Divisions based on their performance in the initial round robin. Gold Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded based on the player performance in the second-round robins. Participating doubles teams can be of any gender or age.
• When a point ends, the coach is permitted to give advice, but the advice can ONLY be given during a natural time between rallies. Play must be continuous between one point and the next. A player who stalls in order to receive advice will be penalized. A coach whose advice causes the match to be delayed will be penalized. Finally, disparaging advice is not permitted.
• Hardbats can be used in normal USATT sponge events. However, a recent USATT ruling mandates that the Hardbats used in these events MUST have a black rubber on one side and red rubber on the other side.
• Rated-Singles: Rated players may enter a maximum of two consecutive rated events, their own and one above or the two above their rated level. Unrated players may enter the rated division they feel is their proper playing level and also the next higher division. However, unless they are playing in the 2000+ division, they cannot advance out of round-robin and cannot win a medal.
• In all Doubles events, substitutions will not be made for “no show” partners unless Huntsman World Senior Games is notified by October 1.
• Men’s Random Draw Doubles will have no age groups and will be open to all men not playing in Mixed Doubles. Requests for specific partners will not be considered.
• Participants must present their Huntsman World Senior Games ID Badge and USATT, CANTT or ITTF membership cards at the venue check-in desk 30 minutes before their first event. Daily check-in is required - venue desk opens at 7:30 am.
Each Player will have the option of either wearing their player number on the back of their shirt or wearing a shirt with their name clearly printed on it. Player numbers will be assigned based on their USATT ratings with the highest rated player assigned number 1. Listings of the players by name and by player number will be posted for all to see. For each event, the players will play either quarter, semi and finals matches on the same day of the original event. The players will be given the option of playing the finals on the same day as the original event providing that BOTH players agree and a table is available. The 2000+ rated event will not have the option to change the scheduling of the Bronze medal or Finals matches.
Players new to USATT Sanctioned Tournaments:
Players who have not participated in USATT sanctioned tournaments should attend the new player USATT rules orientation held on Monday October 4th at 8:30am by the practice tables which are located at the back end of the venue.
After the initial round robin is concluded in all events, players should check in with the Control Desk BEFORE leaving the venue to determine if and when they will continue in the event.
Open Practice: Monday & Tuesday - 8:00 am to 9:00 am; Wednesday & Thursday - 7:00 am to 8:00 am
Sunday, Oct. 3
3:00 pm to 6:00 pm, Open Practice
Monday, Oct. 4
8:00 am, Check-in and Open Practice
8:30 am, USATT Rules for Sanctioned Tournaments Orientation
9:00 am, Men’s Age-Singles - Ages 50 through 69
11:00 am, Men’s Age-Singles - Ages 70 and above
1:00 pm, Women’s Age-Singles – All Age Groups
Tuesday, Oct. 5
8:00 am, Open Practice
9:00 am, Men’s Doubles – All Age Groups
11:00 am, Women’s Doubles–All Age Groups
1:00 pm, Men's Random Draw Doubles - All Age Groups
1:30pm - Mixed Doubles - All Age Groups
3:00 pm, Hardbat Doubles
Wednesday, Oct. 6
7:00 am, Open Practice
8:00 am, Rated Singles: 800-999, 1200-1399, Open Hardbat
10:00 am, Rated Singles: 1600-1799, Hardbat U-1300
Noon, Rated Singles: 2000+, 1000-1199, Under 800
2:00 pm, Rated Singles: 1400-1599
4:00 pm, Rated Singles: 1800-1999
Thursday, Oct. 7
7:00 am, Open Practice
8:00 am, Rated Singles - Bronze medal Match - 2000+
8:30 am, Rated Single - Finals - 2000+
9:00 am, Super Tiered Round Robin Doubles
9:00 am, Any unfinished event matches could last until 4pm
If you are interested in being a volunteer scorekeeper, please so indicate on your registration form. If you DO NOT have any events on a particular morning or afternoon of any day, simply let the Control Desk know of your willingness and availability to be a volunteer score keeper. We will be utilizing Table Managers throughout the tournament to help keep all events on time. Each Table Manager will be assigned to a particular table and will be given the match sheet for their assigned table. The players assigned to your table will be instructed to proceed directly to your table. If everyone shows up at your table on time, ask the players in the assigned sequence to begin warming up. If a player is absent, select the next available players in the sequence to begin warming up. Then notify the Control Desk about the missing player. Also, the Table manager will time the warm-up to ensure that the players adhere to the 2-minute warm-up rule as well as the 1 minute between games rule. As soon as the match is over, confirm that the scores, as recorded, are correct and return the match sheet and tournament ball(s) to the control Desk. If there are questions about ties, those will be resolved quickly by the tournament software. If the players still have questions, the Referee will explain how the tie breaking result was reached.
Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded in each event for each division. Medals will be awarded daily.