DIRECTOR: Jean Bulatao
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR: Sanjoy Bhattacharya
VOLUNTEER ASSISTANTS: Craig Krum, Rob Krum, Joe Bulatao, Eric Aki, Antonio Barbera
COVID19 POLICY: Please refer to our COVID19 policy by clicking here
In an effort to fulfill our mission of fostering worldwide peace, health and friendship, we are excited to announce, on our 35th anniversary, the Friendship Festival. We invite all athletes and their friends, volunteers, sponsors and community members to join us for six nights of food, fun, entertainment and friendship. The festival will provide flexibility for participants to attend at their convenience on any or all nights of what is sure to be a new favorite opportunity to connect with old friends and make new ones regardless of your sport.
Hiro Moriyasu, Tournament Referee (CR,RU)
Steve Lee, Deputy Referee (RR,IU)
Marina Cravens, Chief Umpire (NU)
Helen Prusakov, Deputy Umpire (RU)
Jon Redman, Mei Wang, Jerry Li
EVENTS: USATT 2-Star Sanctioned Tournament
Men's Age - Singles, Women's Age - Singles, Rated-Singles, Men's Doubles, Women's Doubles, Mixed Doubles, Men’s Random Draw Doubles, Hardbat Rated Singles and Doubles, and a Super Tiered Round Robin Doubles.
Sunday, Oct. 2 - 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm (practice)
Monday, Oct. 3 - 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tuesday, Oct. 4 - 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wednesday, Oct. 5 - 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Thursday, Oct. 6 - 7:00 am - 4:00 pm
Dixie Center - Exhibit Hall, 1835 Convention Center Dr, St. George
Age-Mens Singles, Womens Singles, Men's Doubles, Women's Doubles, Mixed Doubles: 5-Year Age Brackets
Rated-Singles: 2000+, 1800-1999, 1600-1799, 1400-1599, 1200-1399, 1000-1199, 800-999, Under 800
Hardbat Rated Singles: 1500+, Under 1500
Men’s Random Draw Doubles: No Divisions
Hardbat Doubles: No Divisions
Super Tiered Round Robin Doubles (limited to the first 72 players or 36 teams that register)
Individuals / Partners: 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90+
Tournament Director(s) reserve the right to cancel any event or combine age divisions due to insufficient entries.
$10 Per Event
Early Bird Deadline (Save $20) – August 1
Final Deadline – September 1
• Participation is limited to 225 Table Tennis players or as events fill up.
• Participants must play in their own age bracket in Age-Singles.
• Age bracket for Doubles events will be determined by the age of the younger partner.
• If you need a doubles partner in any doubles event, check PartnerFinder under the SPORTS tab on our website for a listing, by sport, of individuals looking for partners.
• Participants may enter only one age category in age events.
• Ratings will be obtained from USATT as of September 1.
• In Rated-Singles, rated players may enter up to two rated divisions. See Format/Rules for restrictions pertaining to entry into rated divisions for rated and unrated players.
• You may play only one among Mixed Doubles, Hardbat Doubles and Men’s Random Draw Doubles.
• Hardbat ratings will be obtained from Hardbat.com as of September 1.
• Tournament is USATT-sanctioned – ITTF/USATT rules apply.
• All USA participants must be USATT members. International Federation memberships will be honored.
• For USA participants, USATT memberships must be active by September 1. If you need to purchase a membership, you are encouraged to pay the $25 USATT annual fee at time of registration for the games. Other membership options are available from the USATT website (www.usatt.org).
• Each player will be required to sign a Huntsman World Senior Games and a USATT waiver.
• Hardbat events require all participants to use hardbat paddles. See www.hardbat.com for seeding and for further information on what is legal for hardbat. If a player does not have a Hardbat rating, their USATT rating will be used for seeding purposes. All games will be played to 21 points with the best of three games to a match. Player Hardbat ratings will be affected by Singles play. However, there is no effect on USATT ratings in the Hardbat events.
• Listing of the players by name, rating and player number will be posted for all to see.
• Butterfly Centerfold 25 tables and Butterfly net/bracket sets will be used, except for a few STAG tables.
• Nittaku 3* Premium white balls (40+mm-large size) will be used.
• Interlocking, nonslip plastic tile flooring will be used to reduce knee and ankle stress.
• Paddles, including Rubber, must meet ITTF specifications.
• Shoes must be rubber-soled.
• The USATT dress code will be enforced. Players will NOT be allowed to wear white clothing.
• Playing shorts, dress slacks and track-suit pants are allowed.
• All events will start with a round-robin format. Matches will be 3-out-of-5 games to 11 points. Hardbat events are an exception and will be played 2-out of-3 games to 21 points.
• In the Age-Singles events (Monday) and ALL Doubles events (Tuesday), 1st and 2nd place in each round robin will advance to single elimination competition.
• In the Rated events (Wednesday/Thursday), only the winner of the round robin will advance to single elimination play. (See below for unrated players.)
• The Super Tiered Round Robin Doubles (Thursday) will feature six Round Robin groups in the first round. Then ALL the teams will be placed into one of six Divisions for the second round based on their performance in the first round. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded in each Division after the second round. Participating doubles teams can be of either gender and any age.
• Rated-Singles: Players may enter a maximum of two consecutive rated events; their own and the one above; or the two above their rated level.
• Men’s Random Draw Doubles will have no age groups and will be open to all men not playing in Mixed Doubles or Hardbat Rated Doubles. Requests for specific partners will not be considered.
(addition 8/18/22 - SUPER TIERED ROUND ROBIN (DOUBLES) The Super Tiered Round Robin (doubles) will change from seventy-two (72) to eighty-four (84) players. Instead of a 6 x 6 format in the morning session, we will have six (6) groups of seven (7) players each. The result will be that for the afternoon session, instead of (6) groups from A-F, we will have (7) groups from A-G. Your chances of winning a medal will remain the same. You will, however, play one additional match in the morning session. In order to accommodate the extra matches, the STRRD, will now START AT 8:00 A.M. on Thursday, October 6 th .)
• Unrated players may enter up to two consecutive Rated events that they feel are closest to their rating level. However, they may not advance from round robin play (with the exceptions for league rated players below) and may not win a medal.
• USATT league ratings will be accepted for ratings, subject ro review prior to tournament play. Upon review of play, ratings points may be added to the league rating and event(s) entered may be changed at Tournament Director's discretion. Players who are unrated, but DO have a USATT league rating, will be allowed to advance from round robin play.
• We HIGHLY recommend that all unrated players entering these Games consider entering another USATT SANCTIONED tournament prior to AUGUST 5 so that they can establish a rating before the September 1 deadline. This would allow for a better experience and the opportunity to advance from round robin play.
(addition 8/18/22 - The Tournament Committee has decided to make a change related to unrated players. We will now give ALL unrated players the opportunity to have an estimated rating only for this tournament. The estimated rating will be given by Tournament Committee members or representatives with coaching experience. This change will allow unrated players to advance from a round robin, rather than the current rule where an unrated player ON WEDNESDAY IN RATED EVENTS cannot advance. Any UNRATED PLAYER who wishes to obtain an estimated rating, MUST EMAIL, OR CALL TO SCHEDULE THE TIME. All estimated ratings will be given either Sunday, October 2 nd , or Monday, October 3 rd as time allows. PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL TO JEANDBULATAO@GMAIL.COM OR CALL (510) 299-4908.)
• Each Player will have the option of either wearing their player number on the back of their shirt or wearing a shirt with their name clearly printed on it.
• Player numbers will be assigned based on their USATT ratings with the highest rated player assigned number 1. Listings of the players by name and by player number will be posted for all to see.
• For every event (except the 2000+ Rated Singles) it is expected that all rounds will be completed on the same day. However, if all the remaining participants agree, some rounds may be postponed at the discretion of the Tournament Directors.
• The 2000+ rated event Bronze medal and Gold medal matches will be played at the scheduled time on Thursday.
PLAYERS NEW TO USATT SANCTIONED TOURNAMENTS:
Players who have not participated in USATT sanctioned tournaments should attend the new player USATT rules orientation held on Sunday October 2 at 5:00 pm or Monday October 3 at 7:30 am.
After the round robins are concluded in all events, players should check in with the Control Desk BEFORE leaving the venue to determine if and when they will continue in the event.
All players must go to the Huntsman World Senior Games Official Registraion Check-in desk and collect their ID badge before reporting to the Table Tennis venue.
Sunday, Oct. 2
4:00 pm to 7:00 pm, Check-in and Open Practice
5:00 pm, New Player Orientation on USATT Rules for Sanctioned Tournaments
Monday, Oct. 3
7:00 am, Check-in and Open Practice
7:30 am, New Player Orientation on USATT Rules for Sanctioned Tournaments
8:30 am, Men’s Age-Singles - Ages 50 through 69
10:30 am, Men’s Age-Singles - Ages 70 and above
1:00 pm, Women’s Age-Singles - All Age Groups
Tuesday, Oct. 4
7:00 am, Open Practice
8:30 am, Men’s Doubles - All Age Groups
10:30 am, Women’s Doubles - All Age Groups
1:00 pm, Men's Random Draw Doubles
2:00 pm, Mixed Doubles - All Age Groups
2:00 pm, Hardbat Doubles
Wednesday, Oct. 5
7:00 am, Open Practice
8:00 am, Rated Singles: 1200-1399, 1600-1799
10:00 am, Rated Singles: 800-999, 2000+
Noon, Rated Singles: 1400-1599
2:00 pm, Rated Singles: 1800-1999, 1000-1199
4:00 pm, Rated Singles: Under 800
Thursday, Oct. 6
7:00 am, Open Practice
8:00 am, Hardbat Rated Singles Round Robins: 1500+, Under 1500
8:30 am, Super Tiered Round Robin Doubles - 1st Round
11:00 am, Rated Singles 2000+ Bronze Medal Match
11:30 am, Rated Singles 2000+ Gold Medal Match
12:30 pm, Hardbat Rated Singles Playoff Rounds
12:30 pm, Super Tiered Round Robin Doubles - 2nd Round
If you are interested in being a volunteer scorekeeper or a ball picker for a disabled player, please so indicate on your registration form. Also, If you DO NOT have any events on a particular morning or afternoon, simply let the Control Desk know of your availability. Your help is appreciated.
We will be utilizing Table Managers throughout Round Robin Play to help keep the matches on time. Each Table Manager will be responsible for a small group of tables. When your name and table number is announced, please go directly to that table. Your Table Manager will meet you there to organize Round Robin play.
Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded in each event for each division. Medals will be awarded daily.