DIRECTOR: Connie Stewart
ASSISTANTS: Gail Sandberg, Glen Hovey, Riitta Nugent, Shayne Young, Laurie Lee, Jeff Stewart, Kent and Ann Garrett, Don Hilts, Stephanie Stowe, Tonya Neilson, Shelly Rehn, Duane Anderson, Rod Smith, Sylvia Gregory, Jeanne Dieteren, David Battelger
UMPIRE IN CHIEF:
Thursday, Oct. 10, 8:30 am - 10:00 pm
Friday, Oct. 11, 8:30 am - 10:00 pm
Saturday, Oct. 12, 8:30 am - 3:00 pm
50+, 60+, 70+, 74+
Monday, Oct. 14, 8:30 am - 10:00 pm
Tuesday, Oct. 15, 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Wednesday, Oct. 16, 8:30 am - 8:30 pm
SPORT SOCIAL: 55+, 65+
(ID Badge or Ticket Required)
Saturday, Oct. 12, Noon - 4:00 pm
Canyons Softball Complex, 1890 West 2000 North, St. George
SPORT SOCIAL: 50+, 60+, 70+,74+
(ID Badge or Ticket Required)
Tuesday, Oct. 15, 3:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Worthen Park, 300 East 300 South, St. George
MANDATORY MANAGERS MEETINGS:
55+, 65+ -Wednesday, Oct. 9 - 7:00 pm - Dixie Center - 1835 Convention Center Drive, St. George
50+, 60+, 70+, 74+ - Sunday, Oct. 13 - 8:00 pm - Dixie Center - 1835 Convention Center Drive, St. George
Canyons Complex - 1890 West 2000 North, St. George
Bloomington Softball Diamonds, 650 Man-O-War Road, St. George
Gubler Park - 2375 Rachel Dr., Santa Clara
Little Valley Softball Complex - 2995 South 2350 East, St. George
50+, 55+, 60+, 65+, 70+, 74+
$10 Per Person Per Team
Early Bird Deadline (Save $20) – August 1
Final Registration Deadline – September 1
Because we are filling up in January, we are asking teams to get at least 8 players registered per team by June 1st to help guarantee that they are coming and to allow us to contact teams on the waiting list so they have time to make travel arrangements, or release their players to other teams. If you are going to have any problems with this request, please contact the Huntsman World Senior Games Office.
• Total number of teams will be limited to 40 per week.
• To register your team and get your team number (manager's only) register online or call the Games office (800-562-1268) for forms.
• There are no residency requirements for team members.
• Age division of team is determined by the age of the youngest player.
• A minimum of 4 teams per age division and skill level is required.
• Individual team members must register by September 1.
• Team members will be required to enter their team number when registering.
• As players register they will be automatically added to the team roster.
• Teams with less than 10 players on their roster on September 1, may be cancelled and there will be no refund.
• After September 1, changes can be made to the team roster by calling the Games office. All rosters are final at the mangers meeting unless approved by the tournament director.
• Schedules will be available by September 23.
• Players may play on multiple teams if they are registered for each team before the September 1st deadline. The teams must be in different age divisions. A player may play in a younger age division, but not older. If the playing times of the two teams conflict, the player will have to choose which team she will play for. Players who register for multiple softball teams must pay the sport fees for each team.
• All age divisions may have up to 11 defensive players.
• Refer to Softball Rulebook for Homerun rules
• Teams will be guaranteed five games, weather permitting
• Depending on the number of teams in an age division, teams will be separated into skill divisions (Division l, ll, lll, IV - Division l being the highest)
• Balls will be .44 C.O.R. / .400 compression
• All bats stamped by the manufacturer and meeting the 1.20 bpf or 1.21 bpf standard are approved with the exception of the Miken Ultra I
• Base path length is 65’ except 60' for ages 70+ & 74+
• All players must have numbers (minimum 6" high) on the back of their jersey
• There will be NO flip-flop rule
• An illegal pitch will be signaled and verbally called at the point the pitch becomes illegal
• Only players who play at least one game during round robin play will be eligible to play in the championship tournament
• Each team member must check-in at the Dixie Center where they will be required to present a photo ID verifying their name and date of birth. During check-in, each player will receive a wristband that must be worn throughout the tournament
• If any team member is not registered and checked-in, the entire team will forfeit that game (unless prior arrangements were made with the Huntsman World Senior Games office or a member of the tournament committee)
• Wristbands must be worn and Huntsman World Senior Games ID Badges and photo ID must be in players’ possession during all games and will be randomly checked
Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place teams of each division. Medals will be presented to each team member and manager on the final roster after each "medal" game.