DIRECTOR: Ron Olsen
ASSISTANTS: Ray O’Dell, Don McNabb
SCHEDULE Session 1:
Monday, Oct. 7 - 9:00 am
- Sunbrook Golf Club - 2366 West Sunbrook Drive, St. George, UT
SPORT SOCIAL, Session 1: (Free with athlete ID Badge or $10 Ticket Required. Dinner will be provided and prizes will be awarded at the sport social.)
Date: Monday, Oct. 7
Time: 6:30 pm
Location: BRIO Clubhouse, 260 West BRIO Clubhouse Dr., Washington
SPORT SOCIAL, Session 2: (Free with athlete ID Badge or $10 Ticket Required. Dinner will be provided and prizes will be awarded at the sport social.)
Date: Monday, Oct. 14
Time: 6:30 pm
Location: SunRiver Community Center, 4275 South Country Club Drive, St. George
$67 Per Session
Early Bird Deadline (Save $20) – August 1
Final Registration Deadline – September 1
• Participants may enter one or both sessions of Social Golf.
• Participants must provide their handicap index or average score on their registration form.
• Requests for partners will be considered.
• Requests for golfers to play the same course because of transportation issues should be made to the Games office via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by letter by September 1.
• Golfers are also encouraged to sign up for the Golf Skills competition.
• All courses require soft spikes.
• Carts are included in Sport Fee.
• All golfers must adhere to the local rules of the course at which they are playing. These rules could include “cart path only”, “90 degrees across all fairways” or other course specific rules.
• Only registered golfers are allowed on course – no caddies.
• Personal GPS or laser devices are allowed.
• 18 holes of golf will be played in each session.
• Best Ball Scramble format.
• All ages and handicaps will play together.
• Golfers will be divided into four groups (A-B-C-D) based on Handicap. Foursomes will be made up of one golfer from each of the four Handicap groups.
• The specific handicaps in each group will be determined after the close of registration to insure an equal number of golfers in each group. The approximate breaks will be: A = 0-15; B = 16-21; C = 22-26; D = 27+
• Requests for foursomes will be considered. Requested foursomes that do not meet the A-B-C-D criteria will not be eligible to win team prizes.
• Course of play will be determined by a blind draw.
• Course of play and foursomes will be posted at the Sports Lounge at the Dixie Center.
• Participants must present their Huntsman World Senior Games ID Badge at their venue check-in desk between 7:30 am and 8:30 am the morning of the event to guarantee tee time.
• Play is for prizes, no medals will be awarded.
• Only teams meeting the A-B-C-D criteria will qualify for team prizes, however, all teams may play for all other prizes.
• Prizes will be awarded at the Sport Social along with dinner.
• Participants must be present at the Sport Social to win door prizes.