CO-DIRECTORS: Jeffrey Owens, Ray Green, Joel Venables, Patrick Whalen
COVID19 POLICY: Please refer to our COVID19 policy by clicking here
In an effort to fulfill our mission of fostering worldwide peace, health and friendship, we are excited to announce, on our 35th anniversary, the Friendship Festival. We invite all athletes and their friends, volunteers, sponsors and community members to join us for six nights of food, fun, entertainment and friendship. The festival will provide flexibility for participants to attend at their convenience on any or all nights of what is sure to be a new favorite opportunity to connect with old friends and make new ones regardless of your sport.
CHIEF REFEREE: Phil Klevarick
Thursday, October 13 - 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
Friday, October 14 - 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
Saturday, October 15 - 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
MANDATORY COACHES/REFEREE MEETING:
Wednesday, Oct. 13 – 6:00 pm – Dixie Center (1835 Convention Center Dr., St. George)
VENUE: Snow Canyon High School, 1385 N. 2400 W., St. George, Utah
DIVISIONS: MEN 50+, 60+, Women 50+
* 50+ Age groups will be divided into Competitive and Recreational teams.
* Any women over 50 can sign up using this team code: RBM22-050-01 - (Team Name: Rugby Women RBM22-050-01)
SPORT FEE: $25
Early Bird Deadline (Save $20) – August 1
Final Registration Deadline – September 1
• The number of teams will be limited to 16. Register early.
• A four team minimum is required. Huntsman World Senior Games reserves the right to divide or combine age divisions if necessary.
• Team coaches must register their teams by September 1 - On-line registration is available. When the team registration is complete, the team coach will receive a team number.
• Individual team members should register by September 1.
• Team members will be required to enter their team number when registering.
• As players register, they will be automatically added to the team roster.
• Individuals may play on only one team per age group.
• Teams may have a maximum of 30 players on their roster. Any team with less than 15 players on their roster on September 1 may be cancelled and there will be no team refunds.
• After September 1, changes can be made to the team roster by calling the Huntsman World Senior Games office and speaking directly to Bonnie (Registration Dept.). All rosters are final at the Coaches Meeting.
• Schedules will be available by October 1.
• Prior to their first game, each team member must check-in at the Dixie Center (1835 Convention Center Dr., St. George). Each individual must check-in personally. A photo ID showing your date of birth will be required. At check-in you will receive your ID Badge, $10 Dinner Ticket, Official Games Shirt and Welcome Bag.
• Evan though we are not requireing Athletes and teams to have USA Rugby memberships, USA Rugby rules will govern play.
• Officials will be Rugby certified.
• Teams will be guaranteed three games, weather permitting.
• Full size field dimensions will be used.
• Teams will consist of 15v15 players on the field. Huntsman World Senior Games reserves the right to adjust numbers if necessary.
• Time of play will be two 25-minute halves with a 5-minute half-time.
• There are unlimited substitutions. Players may re-enter the field..
• All players must have numbers (minimum 6" high) on the back of their jersey. Reversible or two sets of jerseys (one light, one dark) are required.
• Huntsman World Senior Games ID Badges and photo ID must be in players’ possession during all games and will be randomly checked. If any team member is not registered and checked-in, the team will forfeit that game.
Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to each team member on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place teams of each division. Medals will be presented after each medal game.