DIRECTORS: Kathy Frable and Marianne Hamilton
ASSISTANTS: Norm Frable and Doug Hamilton
COVID19 POLICY: Please refer to our COVID19 policy by clicking here
In an effort to fulfill our mission of fostering worldwide peace, health and friendship, we are excited to announce, on our 35th anniversary, the Friendship Festival. We invite all athletes and their friends, volunteers, sponsors and community members to join us for six nights of food, fun, entertainment and friendship. The festival will provide flexibility for participants to attend at their convenience on any or all nights of what is sure to be a new favorite opportunity to connect with old friends and make new ones regardless of your sport.
Race Walk - 1500M, 3000M and 5000M
Monday, Oct. 10 - 3000M Race Walk - 8:00 am
Tuesday, Oct. 11 - 1500M Race Walk - 8:00 am
Wednesday, Oct. 12 - 5000M Race Walk - 8:00 am
VENUES: (notice New location)
1500M, 3000M Race Walk: Snow Canyon High School, 1385 North 2400 West, St. George
5000M Race Walk: 120 E 1670 S. St. George, Utah 84790 (behind the Dixie Convention Center) map
5-Year Age Brackets - 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95-99, 100+
Games officials reserve the right to cancel any event or combine age divisions due to insufficient entries.
Age division for competition will be based on participant’s age on October 10, 2022.
$12 Per Event
Early Bird Deadline (Save $20) – August 1
Final Registration Deadline – September 1
• Age division for competition will be based on participant’s age on the first day of competition as per USATF format.
• Participants must present their Huntsman World Senior Games ID Badge at the venue check-in desk one hour before the start of each race.
• All Racewalking events will be conducted in accordance with USA Track & Field rules; specifically Article III, Section VI, RACEWALKING, Rule 150, General Rules and Article II, Officials, Rule 39, Judges of Racewalking.
• Athletes must use proper Racewalking techniques or risk disqualification.
• Athletes must not wear clothing that could impede the view of the judges (i.e., the knees and legs must be clearly visible at all times - so athletic shorts or tights must be worn).
• Both a computerized and a back-up timing system will be used.
• Certified Racewalking judges will be used for all events.
• Race numbers must be visible on both front and back. Power Walkers will have different color bib numbers.
• Racewalking is a progression of steps taken so the walker makes contact with the ground with no visible (to the human eye) loss of contact. The advancing leg must be straightened (i.e., not bent at knee) from the moment of first contact with the ground until the leg is in the vertical upright position.
• The Racewalking judges shall have the sole authority to determine the fairness or unfairness of Racewalking, and their rulings shall be final and without appeal. Any competitor who receives a warning from three separate judges shall be disqualified and so informed.
• Check the Sports Lounge at the Dixie Center for possible clinics.
Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to top three finishers in each event for each age division. Medals will be presented at the completion of each event.