DIRECTORS: Kathy Frable and Marianne Hamilton
ASSISTANTS: Norm Frable and Doug Hamilton
Power Walk - 1500M, 3000M and 5000M
Monday, Oct. 14 - 3000M Power Walk - 9:00 am
Tuesday, Oct. 15 - 1500M Power Walk - 9:00 am
Wednesday, Oct. 16 - 5000M Power Walk - 9:00 am
SPORT SOCIAL: (Free with athlete ID Badge or $10 Ticket Required. Breakfast and music will be provided, and some medals will be awarded at the sport social.)
Date: Wednesday, Oct. 16
Time: 10:30 am (approximately)
Location: Tech Ridge, 650 South Tech Ridge Drive, St. George
VENUES: (Notice a New location)
1500M Power Walk: Dixie State University, 500 South 700 East, St George
3000M, 5000M Power Walk: Tech Ridge, 650 South Airport Rd., St. George
5-Year Age Brackets - 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95-99, 100+
Games officials reserve the right to cancel any event or combine age divisions due to insufficient entries.
$10 Per Event
Early Bird Deadline (Save $20) – August 1
Final Registration Deadline – September 1
• Age division for competition will be based on participant’s age on October 14, 2019.
• Participants must present their Huntsman World Senior Games ID Badge at the venue check-in desk one hour before the start of each race.
• Athletes must not wear clothing that could impede the view of the judges (i.e., the knees and legs must be clearly visible at all times - so athletic shorts or tights must be worn).
• Both a computerized and a back-up timing system will be used.
• Race numbers must be visible on both front and back. Power Walkers will have different color bib numbers.
• Power Walking is a progression of walking steps heal to toe taken so the walker makes contact with the ground with no visible (to the human eye) loss of contact. The advancing leg can be bent as it passes under the body (run/shuffle is not legal). Judges will look for loss of road contact and run/shuffle so competitor can be disqualified if they receive three violations or warnings from three separate judges. Loss of road contact in a bent knee form is considered running, not Power Walking.
• Check the Sports Lounge at the Dixie Center for possible clinics.
Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to top three finishers in each event for each age division. Medals will be presented at the completion of each event.