DIRECTOR: Jack Warner
ASSISTANT: Dennis Duszynski
COVID19 POLICY: Please refer to our COVID19 policy by clicking here
In an effort to fulfill our mission of fostering worldwide peace, health and friendship, we are excited to announce, on our 35th anniversary, the Friendship Festival. We invite all athletes and their friends, volunteers, sponsors and community members to join us for six nights of food, fun, entertainment and friendship. The festival will provide flexibility for participants to attend at their convenience on any or all nights of what is sure to be a new favorite opportunity to connect with old friends and make new ones regardless of your sport.
Singles, Pairs and Triples
Monday, Oct. 3 - Saturday, Oct. 8; 8:15 am – 6:00 pm daily
SunRiver Lawn Bowls Green, 4275 South Country Club Drive, St. George
Singles: Men - Women - no age divisions
Pairs: Mixed / Matched - no age divisions
Triples: Mixed / Matched - no age division
*Divisions are subject to change based on the number of entries, Minimum of 6 needed per Division
$15 Per Event
Early Bird Deadline (Save $20) – August 1
Final Registration Deadline – September 1
• If you need a partner in the Pairs or Triples event, check PartnerFinder for a listing, by sport, of individuals looking for partners.
• 36 person limit in Singles across all divisions
• 24 team limit in Pairs across both divisions
• 12 team limit in Triples division.
• Scheduling allows participants to play in any and all events.
• In the absence of a local tournament rule Bowls USA rules will govern play. Triples will be scored under a modified version of the scoring used by the Australian "Utimate Bowls Championship".
• There will be an overall bowler medal awarded to the top man and top woman.These awards will be determined by a combination of the director's decision and allocation of the following points: gold medal 30.8 points, silver medal 19.5 points, bronze medal 12.1 points
• Triples will be matches of six ends, scoring as follows: Each toucher 3 points, Team holding shot after leads 3 points, Team holding shot after vice skips 3 points, 10 points for closest, 5 points for second, 3 points for third.
• Format will be a round robin, single or double elimination, or a combination thereof. Depending on the number of entries, there will be four qualifying games for each entrant in each division. Qualifying games will be 10 ends. Games in the championship round will be 10 ends.
• Fifteen (15) minutes prior to the scheduled match time, as a warm up, two (2) trial bowls in each direction, by each player, may be bowled. Both parties can mutually agree to forego and trial bowls.
• Smooth-soled, heel-less shoes are required (any color).
• If there is sufficient entries to separate a division by age, a team’s age division will be determined by the age of the younger team member.
• Games that end in a tie will be decided by bowling additional ends, until the tie is broken.
• Participants must present their Huntsman Word Senior Games ID Badge and Lawn Bowls Accreditation by 8:00 am at the venue check-in on the first day of each event.
• Tournament draws will be made approximately two weeks prior to The Games and will be available online. Bowling is scheduled to begin at 8:15 am sharp each day.
• If you volunteer as a marker, you may not do so on any rink where you still have a match to play later on that day. Avoid marking on or adjacent to any rink that a spouse or partner is bowling on.
EVENT SCHEDULE: (Subject to change based on entries)
Monday - Friday, October 3 - 7: Triples
Monday - Wednesday, Oct. 3 - 5: Pairs
Thursday - Saturday, Oct. 6 - 8: Singles
Note: Scheduling allows participants to play in all events.
Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to the top finishers in each division.
This is a pot-luck event. SunRiver and St. George local players will sign up to bring dishes and out of town players are guests of the locals.