CO-DIRECTORS: Brandon Price and Jason Ranoa
ASSISTANTS: Bethany Price, Heather Ranoa
COVID19 POLICY: Please refer to our COVID19 policy by clicking here
EVENTS: Hill Climb, Time Trial, Criterium, Road Race
Tuesday, Oct. 5 – Friday, Oct. 8
See Event Descriptions below
SPORT SOCIAL: In an effort to keep our athletes, volunteers, staff and community safe and due to a lack of venue space for social distancing, the Games has made the difficult decision to forgo sport socials this year. Instead, you will receive a second dinner ticket that can be redeemed at any of our partner restaurants. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this unprecedented time. We sincerely hope that you will take advantage of the dinner tickets and enjoy some meals with your friends.
PRE-RACE INFO AND PACKET PICK-UP:
Packet Pick-up at Red Rock Bicycle Company; 446 W 100 S Bluff St., St. George.
Monday, October 4, 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM
• Cyclists will be required to present their Games ID Badge and complete USA Cycling waivers to receive their bib packet.
Pre-Race Info Meetings at Red Rock Bicycle Company; 446 W 100 S Bluff St., St. George.
Monday, October 4, 12:15, 1:15 PM, 2:15 PM, 3:15 PM, 4:15 PM & 5:15 PM
• Cycling pre-race information meetings will be held at the noted times. Meetings are to provide final race updates and clarify questions.
DIVISIONS: 5-Year Age Brackets
Individuals: 50+, 55+, 60+, 65+, 70+, 75+, 80+, 85+, 90+, 95+, 100+
Skill Divisions - I, II, & III, IV and Recumbent Divisions
Games officials reserve the right to cancel any event or combine age divisions due to insufficient entries.
$40 Per Event
Early Bird Deadline (Save $20) – August 1
Final Registration Deadline – September 1
• Event is sanctioned by USA Cycling – USA Cycling rules apply
• Annual or Day Licenses are mandatory. International licenses will be honored. All Day Licenses must be purchased and Annual licenses verified before September 1, 2021.
• Purchase licenses prior to Games – If you are a USA Cycling CAT 1,2,3 or 4 rider you MUST purchase your Annual or One-Day licenses from USA Cycling before September 1, 2021 (719-434-4200 or www.usacycling.org) and update the Games office. USA Cycling licenses for CAT 5 or Novice riders can be purchased during registration as Day Licenses ($10 per day).
• Indicate your division on your registration form:
Skill Division I - Expert (Has extensive race experience and typically holds a USAC License as a Category 1,2 or 3)
Skill Division II - Experienced (Has been racing and riding for a while and is comfortable racing in a pack. Typically holds a USAC License as a Category 3,4 or 5)
Skill Division III - Recreational (Has been riding for a while and has some experience riding in a pack)
Skill Division IV - Beginner (No racing experience)
Recumbent Division - 2 wheels
Recumbent Division - 3 wheels
• Athletes registering in the Recumbent Division may only participate in the Hill Climb and/or Time Trial Events
• Last year's Overall Winners in each age and skill Division (except “Division I”) MUST MOVE UP. If you have a question as to what Division or a request to downgrade a Division please contact the Games office at 800-562-1268. Request must be made before event begins.
• Official Cycling Race Tech Guides will be available at packet pick-up
• Helmets are mandatory
• No bare shoulders
• Handlebar extensions or "aerobars" are not allowed in any race with a mass start
• Start times for each race will be posted at the Games Headquarters, the Dixie Center (1835 Convention Center Dr., St. George) throughout the Games and at the race venue on race day
EVENT DESCRIPTIONS: Course Maps
Hill Climb 5K TT (#2021-3546)
Date: Tuesday, Oct. 5
Time: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Venue: Snow Canyon State Park – Sand Dunes - 1002 North Snow Canyon Drive, Ivins
Distance: 5K, time trial format
Divisions: All are available
Course: Uphill rollies 4% to 8%; short sections 10% to 11%; scenic, colorful canyon.
Time Trial 13K (#2021-3546)
Date: Wednesday, Oct. 6
Time: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Venue: Ivins Reservoir 1508 Crescent Moon Trail, Ivins, UT 84738 to Gunlock Reservoir Gunlock Road, Gunlock, UT 84733
13K – All skills and age divisions
Course: Begins at at Ivins Reservoir and will end at Gunlock Reservoir. It is a one way course consisting of rolling hills, majestic views of Red Rock and Gunlock Mountains with desert vistas.
Date: Thursday, Oct. 7
Time: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Venue: 120 E 1670 S. St. George, Utah 84790 (behind the Dixie Convention Center)
Timed event with approx. distances:
34K-34 Laps - Division I: M 50-64,
16K-16 Laps - All other skill and age divisions
Course: 1.3 K per lap.
Road Race (#2021-3546)
Date: Friday, Oct. 8
Time: 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
Venues: Southern Parkway (I-15 Exit 2), St. George to Sand Hollow Reservoir, Hurricane and back
Short Distance: 44K (see map above)
All other Divisions and age groups
Long Distance: 88K (see map above)
Division I - Men 50-69 and Division II - Men 50-64
Division I - Men 70-74 & Women 50-64 and Division II - Men 65-69 & Women 50-64
• Gold, Silver and Bronze medals and 4th, 5th and 6th place ribbons will be awarded for each age and division following each event.
• Overall Awards will be presented to Overall Winners in each Age Division and each Skill Division as follows:
Skill Division I - Huntsman World Senior Games Overall Cycling Jersey
Skill Division II - Winner’s Long Sleeve Shirt
Skill Division III - Winner’s Short Sleeve Shirt
Skill Division IV - Medals but No Shirt
Participants must enter a minimum of three events to qualify for “overall” awards.
• Athletes in the Recumbent Division will not be eligible for "overall" awards.
• The David Richardson Award will be presented for outstanding sportsmanship displayed throughout the cycling event, embodying the true spirit of the Games. The recipient of this very special award will be selected through a vote by the cyclists during the cycling event.