DIRECTOR: Margaret Gibson
EVENTS: Hill Climb, Time Trial, Criterium, Road Race
Tuesday, Oct. 8 – Friday, Oct. 11
See Event Descriptions below
SPORT SOCIAL: (Free with athlete ID Badge or $10 Ticket Required. Dinner and music will be provided and overall winners will be announced at the sport social.)
Date: Friday, October 11
Time: 6:00 pm
Location: Washington County Legacy Park-Fairgrounds, Harmony Building - 5500 West 700 South, Hurricane
PRE-RACE INFO AND PACKET PICK-UP:
Packet Pick-up at Red Rock Bicycle Company; 100 S Bluff St., St. George.
Monday, October 7, 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM
• Cyclists will be required to present their Games ID Badge and complete USA Cycling waivers to receive their bib packet.
Pre-Race Info Meetings at Red Rock Bicycle Company; 100 S Bluff St., St. George.
Monday, October 7, 1:15 PM, 2:15 PM, 3:15 PM, 4:15 PM & 5:15 PM
• Cycling pre-race information meetings will be held at the noted times. Meetings are to provide final race updates and clarify questions.
DIVISIONS: 5-Year Age Brackets
Individuals / Partners: 50+, 55+, 60+, 65+, 70+, 75+, 80+, 85+, 90+, 95+, 100+
Skill Divisions - I, II, & III, IV and Recumbent Divisions
Games officials reserve the right to cancel any event or combine age divisions due to insufficient entries.
$27 Per Event
Early Bird Deadline (Save $20) – August 1
Final Registration Deadline – September 1
• Event is sanctioned by USA Cycling – USA Cycling rules apply
• Annual or Day Licenses are mandatory. International licenses will be honored. All Day Licenses must be purchased and Annual licenses verified before September 1, 2018.
• Purchase licenses prior to Games – USA Cycling (719-434-4200 or www.usacycling.org) or purchase licenses during registration - Annual Membership ($70) or Day License ($10 per day)
• Indicate your division on your registration form:
Skill Division I - Expert (Has extensive race experience and typically holds a USAC License as a Category 1,2 or 3)
Skill Division II - Experienced (Has been racing and riding for a while and is comfortable racing in a pack. Typically holds a USAC License as a Category 3,4 or 5)
Skill Division III - Recreational (Has been riding for a while and has some experience riding in a pack)
Skill Division IV - Beginner (No racing experience)
Recumbent Division - 2 wheels
Recumbent Division - 3 wheels
• Athletes registering in the Recumbent Division may only participate in the Hill Climb and/or Time Trial Events
• Last year's Overall Winners in each age and skill Division (except “Division I”) MUST MOVE UP. If you have a question as to what Division or a request to downgrade a Division please contact the Games office at 800-562-1268. Request must be made before event begins.
• Official Cycling Race Tech Guides will be available at packet pick-up
• Helmets are mandatory
• No bare shoulders
• Handlebar extensions or "aerobars" are not allowed in any race with a mass start
• Start times for each race will be posted at the Games Headquarters, the Dixie Center (1835 Convention Center Dr., St. George) throughout the Games and at the race venue on race day
Hill Climb (#2019-1059)
Date: Tuesday, Oct. 8
Time: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Venue: Snow Canyon State Park – Sand Dunes - 1002 North Snow Canyon Drive, Ivins
Divisions: All are available
Course: Uphill rollies 4% to 8%; short sections 10% to 11%; scenic, colorful canyon.
Time Trial 40K, 20K (#2019-1079)
Date: Wednesday, Oct. 9
Time: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Venue: Southern Parkway (I-15 Exit 2), St. George
40K - Division I: M 50-64; W 50-54
40K - Division II: M 50-64
20K - Recumbent
20K – All other skill and age divisions
Course: Begins at I-15 Exit 2 Southern Parkway towards the airport. Out and back course consisting of rolling hills, majestic views of Pine Valley Mountain and desert vistas.
Date: Thursday, Oct. 10
Time: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Timed event with aprox. Distances:
34K-34 Laps - Division I: M 50-64,
16K-16 Laps - All other skill and age divisions
Course: Technical; 1K per lap.
Road Race (#TBD)
Date: Friday, Oct. 11
Time: 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
Venues: Ivins, Gunlock, Veyo, Snow Canyon State Park
Finish: 50 West Center St., Ivins
62K - Division I: M 50-69
62K - Division II: M 50-64
50K - Division I: M 70-74, W 50-64
50K - Division II: M 65-69; W 50-64
37K - All other skill and age divisions
Course: Three start locations: 62K-Ivins; 50K-Gunlock Turnoff; 37K-Gunlock. “Circuit” course - 1 lap = 62K; start/end 3,000 feet altitude; rollies, 1,700 foot gain/loss, upgrades mostly under 6% but one 9% (0.4 mile), one 6%-11% (1.1 mile). Long downhill, fast, twisty, challenging descent through scenic Snow Canyon State Park (reverse Hill Climb) near finish.
• Gold, Silver and Bronze medals and 4th, 5th and 6th place ribbons will be awarded for each age and division following each event.
• Overall Awards will be presented to Overall Winners in each Age Division and each Skill Division as follows:
Skill Division I - Huntsman World Senior Games Overall Cycling Jersey
Skill Division II - Winner’s Long Sleeve Shirt
Skill Division III - Winner’s Short Sleeve Shirt
Skill Division IV - Medals but No Shirt
Participants must enter a minimum of three events to qualify for “overall” awards. Overall awards will be presented at the Sport Social.
• Athletes in the Recumbent Division will not be eligible for "overall" awards.
• The David Richardson Award will be presented at the Sport Social for outstanding sportsmanship displayed throughout the cycling event, embodying the true spirit of the Games. The recipient of this very special award will be selected through a vote by the cyclists during the cycling event.