DIRECTOR: Margaret Gibson
ASSISTANT: Colt Albrecht
EVENTS: Hill Climb, Time Trial, Criterium, Road Race
Tuesday, Oct. 9 – Friday, Oct. 12
See Event Descriptions below
SPORT SOCIAL: (ID Badge or Ticket Required)
Date: Friday, October 12
Time: 6:00 pm
Location: Washington County Legacy Park-Fairgrounds,5500 West 700 South, Hurricane
PRE-RACE INFO AND PACKET PICK-UP:
• Cyclists will be required to present their Games ID Badge and their USA Cycling license to receive their bib packet.
5-Year Age Brackets - 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95-99, 100+
Skill Divisions - I, II, & III, IV and Recumbent Divisions
Games officials reserve the right to cancel any event or combine age divisions due to insufficient entries.
$27 Per Event
Early Bird Deadline (Save $20) – August 1
Final Registration Deadline – September 1
• Event is sanctioned by USA Cycling – USA Cycling rules apply
• Annual or Day Licenses are mandatory. International licenses will be honored. All Day Licenses must be purchased and Annual licenses verified before September 1, 2018.
• Purchase licenses prior to Games – USA Cycling (719-434-4200 or www.usacycling.org) or purchase licenses during registration - Annual Membership ($70) or Day License ($10 per day)
• Indicate your division on your registration form:
Skill Division I - Expert (Has extensive race experience and typically holds a USAC License as a Category 1,2 or 3)
Skill Division II - Experienced (Has been racing and riding for a while and is comfortable racing in a pack. Typically holds a USAC License as a Category 3,4 or 5)
Skill Division III - Recreational (Has been riding for a while and has some experience riding in a pack)
Skill Division IV - Beginner (No racing experience)
Recumbent Division - 2 wheels
Recumbent Division - 3 wheels
• Athletes registering in the Recumbent Division may only participate in the Hill Climb and/or Time Trial Events
• Last year's Overall Winners in each age and skill Division (except “Division I”) MUST MOVE UP. If you have a question as to what Division or a request to downgrade a Division please contact the Games office at 800-562-1268. Request must be made before event begins.
• Official Cycling Race Tech Guides will be available at packet pick-up
• Helmets are mandatory
• No bare shoulders
• Handlebar extensions or "aerobars" are not allowed in any race with a mass start
• Start times for each race will be posted at the Games Headquarters, the Dixie Center (1835 Convention Center Dr., St. George) throughout the Games and at the race venue on race day
5K Hill Climb TT (#2018-631)
Date: Tuesday, Oct. 9
Time: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Venue: Snow Canyon State Park – Sand Dunes - 1002 North Snow Canyon Drive, Ivins
Divisions: All are available
Course: Uphill rollies 4% to 8%; short sections 10% to 11%; scenic, colorful canyon.
Time Trial 40K, 20K (#2018-632)
Date: Wednesday, Oct. 10
Time: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Venue: Southern Parkway (I-15 Exit 2), St. George
40K - Division I: M 50-64; W 50-54
40K - Division II: M 50-64
20K - Recumbent
20K – All other skill and age divisions
Course: Begins at I-15 Exit 2 Southern Parkway towards the airport. Out and back course consisting of rolling hills, majestic views of Pine Valley Mountain and desert vistas.
Date: Thursday, Oct. 11
Time: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Venue: Ridge Top Complex, 600 South Tech Ridge Drive, St. George
Timed event with aprox. Distances:
34K-15 Laps - Division I: M 50-64,
16K-7 Laps - All other skill and age divisions
Course: Oval airport runway; 2.28K per lap.
Road Race (#2018-699)
Date: Friday, Oct. 12
Time: 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
Venues: Ivins, Gunlock, Veyo, Snow Canyon State Park
Finish: 50 West Center St., Ivins
62K - Division I: M 50-69
62K - Division II: M 50-64
50K - Division I: M 70-74, W 50-64
50K - Division II: M 65-69; W 50-64
37K - All other skill and age divisions
Course: Three start locations: 62K-Ivins; 50K-Gunlock Turnoff; 37K-Gunlock. “Circuit” course - 1 lap = 62K; start/end 3,000 feet altitude; rollies, 1,700 foot gain/loss, upgrades mostly under 6% but one 9% (0.4 mile), one 6%-11% (1.1 mile). Long downhill, fast, twisty, challenging descent through scenic Snow Canyon State Park (reverse Hill Climb) near finish.
• Gold, Silver and Bronze medals and 4th, 5th and 6th place ribbons will be awarded for each age and division following each event.
• Overall Awards will be presented to Overall Winners in each Age Division and each Skill Division as follows:
Skill Division I - Huntsman World Senior Games Overall Jersey
Skill Division II - Winner’s Jersey
Skill Division III - Winner’s Cycling Shirt
Skill Division IV - Medals
Participants must enter a minimum of three events to qualify for “overall” awards. Overall awards will be presented at the Sport Social.
• Athletes in the Recumbent Division will not be eligible for "overall" awards.
• The David Richardson Award will be presented at the Sport Social for outstanding sportsmanship displayed throughout the cycling event, embodying the true spirit of the Games. The recipient of this very special award will be selected through a vote by the cyclists during the cycling event.