DIRECTORS: Annette Chugg - 1-435-231-5319, firstname.lastname@example.org
ASSISTANTS: Donna Jo Judson, Sid Spilseth, Sheri Wood, Pat O'Loughlin, Paula Chesnut, Rae Crozier, Trudy Kohles, Pearl Stucki
Singles, Doubles, Mixed Doubles, Team, Strictly Scratch Singles, All Events-Scratch & Handicap
Monday, Oct. 11, 8:30 am - 10:00 pm - Singles and Doubles Qualifier
Tuesday, Oct. 12, 8:30 am - 6:00 pm - Singles, Doubles and Mixed Doubles Qualifier
Wednesday, Oct. 13, 8:30 am - 10:00 pm - Singles and Mixed Double Qualifier, Strictly Scratch and Teams play
Thursday, Oct. 14, 8:30 am - 10:00 pm – Team play, Singles and Doubles Finals
Friday, Oct. 15, 8:30 am - 6:00 pm – Singles and Mixed Doubles Finals
Saturday, Oct. 16, 10:00 am - Sport Social and Awards
SPORT SOCIAL: (Free with athlete ID Badge or $10 Ticket Required. Brunch and music will be provided and medals will be awarded at the sport social.)
Date: Saturday, Oct. 16
Time: 10:00 am
Location: Washington County Legacy Park - Harmony Building, 5500 West 700 South, Hurricane, UT
Singles: 5-Year Age Brackets
Doubles: 5-Year Age Brackets
Mixed Doubles: 5-Year Age Brackets
Strictly Scratch Singles: Averages (See Below)
Teams: 5- year Age Brackets, Men, Women and Mixed (based on the youngest bowlers age)
All Events - Scratch and Handicap: 5-Year Age Brackets
Individuals / Partners / Teams: 50+, 55+, 60+, 65+, 70+, 75+, 80+, 85+, 90+, 95+, 100+
Games officials reserve the right to cancel any event or combine age divisions due to insufficient entries
$16 Per Event - Singles, Doubles, Mixed Doubles and Team Events
$ 5 All Events-Scratch and Handicap
Early Bird Deadline (Save $20) – August 1
Final Registration Deadline – September 1
• The total number of bowlers will be limited to 350 or full squads. Register early!
• Bowling participants may not enter other sports scheduled during their Bowling event(s)
• Tournament is USBC Certified (#4003) – USBC membership is required
• If a participant is not a USBC member, he/she must purchase a Membership card or pay a $5 Participation Fee
• Average will be verified using USBC data
• Participants may enter Singles, Doubles, Mixed Doubles, Team, All Events-Scratch and All Events-Handicap, but may enter each event only once
• For doubles and team events, you and your partner MUST be registered before your individual registrations can be finalized and your team/partnership scheduled to compete
• If you need a partner in any doubles or team event, check PartnerFinder on our website for a listing, by sport, of individuals looking for partners. Incomplete partnerships will not be scheduled
• Women with a 160+ average and Men with a 170+ average may also enter Strictly Scratch Singles
• For Doubles and Mixed Doubles, the age division will be determined by the age of the youngest partner
• For Strictly Scratch Singles, the divisions will be:
Women - 160-184 Average
Men - 170-184 Average
Women - 185 - 199 Average
Men - 185-199 Average
Women - 200+ Average
Men - 200+ Average
• Teams will consist of four people. They may be all men, all women or any combination of men and women. There will be no age divisions but, depending on the number of registrations, teams may be divided into A, B, C & D divisions. Entries will be limited to 80 Teams.
• The entering average shall be the highest USBC Certified Book Average of at least 21 games using the following list of priorities in order (a) through (e):
(a) 2020-2021 Highest USBC Certified Book Average of 21 games or more
(b) 2021 Summer Highest USBC Certified Book Average of 21 games or more
(c) 2020-2021 USBC Certified Composite Average for all bowlers who do not have 21 games or more in one (1) league
(d) 2019-2020 Highest USBC Certified Book Average of 21 games or more
(e) 2020 Highest Summer USBC Certified Book Average of 21 games or more
(f) Current league average of 21 games or more as of October 1, 2021
(g) 2019-2020 USBC Certified Composite Average for all bowlers who do not have 21 games or more in one (1) league
(h) Current league average of 21 games or more as of October 1, 2021
(I) If you have previously bowled in the Huntsman World Senior Games and do not bowl in any leagues we will use your Huntsman World Senior Games previous 3 years scores, if possible, to compute your average.
(j) 2019-2020 If you bowled in a non-USBC League you must submit the final standings sheet for all leagues you bowled in for average verification. This information must be sent to Annette Chugg, The Games Bowling Director at E-Mail:email@example.com. I must have this information by August 1, 2021
• Any bowler with an uncertified average must use an average determined by the Tournament Director with 135 being the minimum average for women and 165 being the minimum average for men
• Rules 319a-2, 319c, 319d and 319e are not in effect. Rule 319a-3 applies - bowlers are responsible
for verifying their own average, whether submitted by the bowler, the team captain or others
• Singles, Doubles and Mixed Doubles will each have three games of qualifying and three games of finals. The top 25% Scratch and the top 25% Handicap scores of the qualifying series will advance to the Finals but depending on the number of registrations in certain events, the number advancing may be adjusted by the Tournament Director
• Team Event will bowl three games of finals only
• All Events: A bowler MUST bowl (1) of each event as follows: A Qualifying Singles Event, the FIRST Qualifying Doubles Event (Men, Women or Mixed), and Team Finals to qualify for an award in ALL EVENTS
• Strictly Scratch Singles will be one four-game competition, changing lanes for each game
• Participants must present their Huntsman World Senior Games ID Badge and either their 2018-2019 USBC card (OR a receipt for purchase thereof) at the on-site check-in desk prior to their first event. Participants will not be permitted to bowl until they show their USBC sanction card. Participants unable to present their USBC Membership card will be required to pay a $5 participation fee. Participants who pay the $5.00 participation fee are not eligible for USBC awards (USBC Rule Book, Rule #300c-1b)
NOTE: Modifications may be made to the event schedule to accommodate the final number of bowlers in the various events. Final events may not be bowled in the same Bowling Center as Qualifying Events
FINALS – RULES
We will attempt to assign partners in qualifying for anyone registered in an event, but does not have a named partner (we cannot guarantee we will be able to get partners for everyone). Also, if a person withdraws from the Games at the last minute, we will attempt (but cannot guarantee) to assign a new partner or partners for you from participants already registered in the Games, but not bowling that event.
- Finals for each event will consist of the same bowlers as in the Qualifying Event. If for any reason a bowler is unable to participate in finals, that team will be disqualified and an attempt will be made to contact the next alternate team to bowl.
- Team Definition – Ladies Doubles, Men’s Doubles and Mixed Doubles Teams shall be 2 PARTICIPANTS. Team Event shall be 4 PARTICIPANTS.
- If a bowler is unable to complete a game, ZERO (0) is used for each frame not bowled.
- TEAM FINAL ONLY – If any bowler(s) of a Team are absent, the team may begin bowling the Finals set. However, absent bowler(s) will receive ZERO (0) for frames not bowled.
If the absent bowler(s) is/are still not present by the end of the first game, the team will forfeit.
- Teams consisting of four people – NSGA rule change - Team Event will now be 5 year age divisions determined by the youngest team member.
TOURNAMENT BOWLING RULES
DIRECTOR: ANNETTE CHUGG
USBC Playing Rules Book 2021-2022 – pages 69-83.
Age: All Athletes must be 50 years old by December 31, 2021. Athlete’s competition age will be based on his/her age on December 31, 2021.
Handicap: 100% of 240.
Awards: Special Huntsman World Senior Games Club Pins will be awarded. The only USBC Awards that will be processed will be 300 Games and 800 Series. We will not process any other USBC Awards.
Shadow Practice: There will be 10 minutes of practice prior to the start of each squad. There will be NO re-racks in practice.
Interrupted Games/Series: USBC Rule #321
If equipment failure on a pair of lanes would delay the progress of the game/series, Tournament Officials can authorize the completion of a game/series on another pair of certified lanes. The interrupted game/ series must be resumed from the point of interruption. There will be NO Practice upon resuming the game/series per Tournament Officials.
Tardy Players: USBC Rule #322A
If bowler(s) are late for their squad time, they will be allowed to bowl starting in the frame then being bowled. They will get ZERO for all frames missed. They will not be allowed to make-up frames.
If a team refuses to start because a full lineup is not present, Tournament Officials, at its discretion, can declare the game forfeited. A bowler must bowl on the same lanes and at the same times his/her team bowls.
Absentee/Vacancy Scores: USBC Rule 322b
Adult tournaments: NO absentee or vacancy scores shall be permitted.
Pacers: USBC Rule 323: Pacers will not be permitted.
Lineup Changes: USBC Rule #324a
If a change in a team lineup is desired, it must be requested at least 30 minutes before the time the entrants are scheduled to bowl. Thereafter, no player shall change positions in any team lineup. The lineup must remain the same in qualifying and finals. Violation may be cause for disqualification.
Bowler Withdrawn: Rule 324b, 2-b
A player removed cannot return for that specific event. Clarification: If a Participant withdraws from Singles, they can still bowl in their Doubles, Team and Strictly Scratch events.
Substitutions will only be allowed in qualifying events. Substitutes must already be registered with the HWSG for Bowling and not participating in the event in which they are substituting.
Team Bowling Alone – Rule 325
The following applies when a team or individual is scheduled alone on a pair of lanes:
- Games must be bowled as though they were contested.
- Each player must complete a frame on one lane before the player bowling lead off starts the next frame on the adjoining lane. As long as the anchor bowler has thrown his/her first ball for the frame being bowled, the lead off can proceed to the next frame.
If bowler(s) do not show up for their appointed squad time, they will not be re-scheduled in any subsequent squad unless there is a vacancy and sufficient cause to be determined by the Director.
New USBC Rule: Any balls with extra holes in them must have a finger in the hole or it will be an illegal delivery. For those with no holes in their ball they must have the ball marked appropriately. The only ball cleaner that can be used between throws is rubbing alcohol on towel.
Obvious errors in addition will be corrected by Sport Staff doing data input.
• Scratch takes Precedence over Handicap
• Singles, Doubles and Mixed Doubles – In each age division, the three highest scratch totals and the three highest handicap totals of the finals competition will win Gold, Silver and Bronze medals (each Medalist will be eligible to receive only one medal per event)
• Team – In each age division, the top three scratch and the top three Handicap teams (with no team receiving two awards) will be awarded Gold, Silver and Bronze medals.
• Strictly Scratch Singles – In each division, the three highest scratch series will be awarded Gold, Silver and Bronze medals
• All Events – Gold, Silver and Bronze Medals will be awarded to the top three women and men in each age division with the highest total scores in the qualifying rounds for Singles, Doubles (or Mixed Doubles if not bowling Doubles) and Team events (each Medalist will be eligible to receive only one medal)
• Overall Champions – Overall Champion medal will be awarded to the woman and man with the most pins-over-average scored in qualifying series in Singles, Doubles (or Mixed Doubles if not bowling Doubles) and Team events
• Special Huntsman World Senior Games Club Pins will be awarded as follows:
Bowlers with an average of 140 or less will be eligible for 175+, 200+ and 250 + Game Pins and 500+, 600+ and 700+ Series Pins
Bowlers with an average of 175 or less will be eligible for 200+ and 250+ Game Pins and 500+, 600+ and 700+ Series Pins
Bowlers with an average of 176 to 190 will be eligible for 250+ Game Pins and 600+ and 700+ Series Pins Bowlers with an average of 191 and higher will be eligible for 250+ Game Pins and 700+ Series Pins. Each bowler is eligible for a maximum of one of each pin.
• All medals will be awarded at the Sport Social