DIRECTOR: Taylor Abegglen
ASSISTANTS: Patricia McWethy, Jon and Amy Woodstock
Men 60+, 65+, 70+, 75+, 80+
Monday, Oct. 12 - 3:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Tuesday, Oct. 13 - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wednesday, Oct. 14 - 9:00 am - 10:00 pm
Thursday, Oct. 15 - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Friday, Oct. 16 - 9:00 am -10:00 pm
Men 50+, 55+
Wednesday, Oct. 14 - 3:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Thursday, Oct. 15 - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Friday, Oct. 16 - 9:00 am - 10:00 pm
Saturday, Oct. 17 - 9:00 am - 9:00 pm
SPORT SOCIAL: (Free with athlete ID Badge or $10 Ticket Required. Dinner will be provided at the sport social.)
Date: Thursday, Oct. 15
Time: 7:00 pm
Location: Gayle & Mary Aldred Senior Center, 245 North 200 West, St. George
MANDATORY MANAGERS MEETINGS:
Mandatory Managers Meetings:
Men 60+, 65+, 70+, 75+, 80+, Monday, Oct. 12 – Noon at the Washington City Community Center
Men 50+, 55+, Wednesday, Oct. 14 – Noon at the Washington City Community Center
Washington City Community Center, 350 North Community Center Drive, Washington
Local High Schools
DIVISIONS: 50+, 55+, 60+, 65+, 70+, 75+, (80+ - See below)
• 80+ Division: Will be a 4-on-4, cross-court tournament with a four game guarantee.
SPORT FEE: $22 per person per team
Early Bird Deadline (Save $20) – August 1
Final Registration Deadline – September 1
• A maximum of 48 teams will be accepted in the tournament.
• Team Registration Deadline: September 1 – no exceptions! Register your team online. Space is limited – register early!
• Huntsman World Senior Games reserves the right to combine age divisions if necessary.
• There are no residency requirements for team members.
• Age division of team is determined by the age of the youngest player.
• Each player must register individually by September 1.
• Players will be required to enter their team number when registering.
• As players register they will automatically be added to the team roster.
• Teams with less than five (5) players on their roster by September 1, may be cancelled and no refunds will be given.
• Players may play on multiple teams if they are registered for each team before the September 1, deadline. The teams must be in different age divisions. A player may play in a younger age division, but not older. If the playing times of the two teams conflict, the player will have to choose which team he will play for. Schedules WILL NOT be adjusted. Players who register for multiple teams must pay the sport fee for each team.
• After September 1, changes can be made to the team roster by calling the Games' office (800-562-1268). All rosters are final at the managers meeting.
• Schedules for first day play will be available on our website by September 23.
• All teams must check-in at the venue check-in station at least 30 minutes prior to their first game of the tournament.
• No player will be allowed to play until they have properly checked-in. Managers must supply the Tournament Director, or his assigned representative, the jersey number of each player who will be competing for his/her team. The player must wear that number during all games of the tournament. No other player will be allowed to wear that number for that team.
• Players are not allowed to switch teams at any time during the tournament (even if their team is eliminated from contention). If caught, both the player and the team he/she is illegally playing for will be removed from the remainder of the tournament and all games in which the ineligible player participated will be forfeited.
• Modified NHSAA rules will govern play.
• Games will be 8 - minute quarters with stopped clock.
• The tournament will be round-robin and/or double or single elimination depending on the number of teams.
• Each team is guaranteed a minimum of four games.
• Only players who play on a team during the first two days of the tournament will be eligible to play on that same team during championship play.
• If a team forfeits a game they may be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the Tournament Directors.
• 80+ Division: It will be a 4-on-4, cross-court tournament with a four game guarantee.
The Huntsman World Senior Games endeavors to promote friendship, peace, health and friendly competition. To this end, we ask all players, coaches, fans and family members to respect fellow competitors, their teams, their fans, officials and volunteers.
Inappropriate behavior and language are not acceptable. If necessary, appropriate action will be taken. Please enjoy yourself and help us avoid the need to take any negative action.
Alcoholic beverages and tobacco products (in any form) are not allowed in any facility at any time. This includes all gymnasiums, restrooms, hallways, parking lots and all school grounds. Please respect and honor these regulations.
Medical insurance is the responsibility of the team or the individual. Huntsman World Senior Games does not carry medical insurance for any team or individual.
A Site Director and his/her team are assigned to each facility. They are there to oversee the games at that location and to serve you. Please direct your questions or concerns to them. They are eager to assist you.
Schedules will be posted online September 25th and at the Dixie Center Sunday, Oct. 4th and at the game sites during the event.
All teams must have a light and dark colored set of uniforms, either as reversible jerseys or two (2) separate sets. Each jersey must have a number on front & back. There will be no exceptions to this rule. The penalty will be a technical foul assessed to each player who is not in compliance with the rule. Note: Wear light colored jersey if home team and dark colored if visitor.
In order to remain on schedule, please:
- Arrive at least (30) thirty minutes prior to game time & be ready to play by game time.
- Check-in with Site Director to verify your line-up & player numbers.
GAME & FORFEIT TIME
Game time is forfeit time with no grace period or make-ups. MST time (as shown on the Site Director’s cell phone) will be used to determine the game time. Gym clocks are not official. Reminder: Nevada (i.e. Mesquite) is in the Pacific Time Zone. Hence, they are one hour behind Utah time. If it is 9:00 am in Mesquite, it is 10:00 am in St. George.
Medical taping, minor trainer services and massage services are available during the Games from approximately 9am-5pm at the Dixie Center. Take advantage of these services. There may be a nominal fee.
- Only players who play on a team during pool play will be eligible to play on that same team during championship play.
- Time: There will be four (4) quarters of eight (8) minutes each with a stopped clock. Exception: running clock will be used during the last two minutes of the game if there is greater than a 15-point spread.
- Time-Outs: Each team is allowed three (3) full 1-minute time-outs and two (2) 20-second time-outs per game. Each team will receive one (1) additional full time-out for any overtime (regardless of number of OT periods).
- Players: A team must start each game with five (5) bona fide players. If injury, disqualification or ejection of players causes a team to be unable to place 5 bona fide players on the court the team may continue to play. However, if a team with fewer than 5 players falls behind by 21 points at any time during the fourth quarter the game will be forfeited and suspended.
- Overtime: Overtime periods will be three (3) minutes.
- Half Time & Quarters: There will be a 5-minute half-time time-out during each game and a 1-minute time-out between each quarter.
- Foul Out: A player shall be disqualified when he commits his 5th personal foul. Technical fouls count as personal fouls.
- Technical Fouls: A technical foul will result in:
- Two foul shots awarded to the opposing team
- The ball awarded out-of-bounds to the opposing team
- The technical foul counting as a personal foul and player sits for 5 minutes of game time.
- Ejection from game and gym, if second technical foul for the offending player
- The Director reserves the right to remove a player from the gym and from the Tournament, if necessary.
- Flagrant Fouls: A flagrant foul called will result in:
- Two points automatically awarded to the offended team
- The ball awarded out-of-bounds to the offended team
- Disqualification of the offending player for the remainder of the game
- Shot Clock: There will be no 30 second shot clock until the last 2 minutes of each quarter. Teams must attempt a shot within 30 seconds of gaining possession.
- Bench Conduct: In order for the scorekeeper and supervisor to perform efficiently and accurately, we ask that all teams observe the following:
- While the ball is in play, no coach, player or participant may distract and/or approach the scorer (or the scoring table) with the exception of a player checking into the game.
- Children must be supervised at all times. Note: Children are required to stay in the bleachers and cannot play with any of the apparatus in the gyms or play in the foyers, restrooms or hallways at the game facilities.
- Participants and teams waiting to play may not shoot at side baskets or bounce balls while a game is in progress.
In each age division, Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to all team members on the first, second and third place teams, respectively. Medals will be awarded immediately following the championship games.